Sunday 14 October 2012

When I woke up this morning, I was in the house where the grandparent staff live.

The parent staff had taken me there yesterday, to play and to visit the toys of mine who live there.

After we had eaten breakfast this morning, we went in the hot tub for ages, and I splashed the parent staff a lot and arranged my bath toys on the side of the tub in a very pretty pattern. Daddy was being very silly and he kept making my toy frog attack my toy crocodile. He made lots of splashes and screamy noises and he thought that he was being very funny.

When we had finished in the hot tub, we all got dry and dressed and we packed our things up ready to go home.

Then we drove away from the grandparent staff's house and I fell asleep in the car.

When I woke up again, we were still in the countryside and the parent staff had brought me to a "pub" for some food. Mummy had a big "Sunday dinner", and she sat me on her knee and fed bits of it to me while she was eating. The "Sunday dinner" was very nice, and I discovered a food that I have not eaten before. It is called "Yorkshire pudding", and it is REALLY yummy. I ate lots of mummy's "Yorkshire pudding" and there was not much of it left for mummy to eat afterwards. Heh heh.

Then we got back in the car and we went to a place that the parent staff  were very excited about, even though it was very boring. It was a place with some small shops that were full of things I wasn't allowed to touch. Whenever we went into one of the shops, mummy or daddy would carry me and hold me tightly and not let me touch anything, and I would shout "Down! Walk! Peese!!" and try to escape.

After we had been into a few boring shops, the parent staff decided that they had had enough boringness, so we went back to the car, and I was allowed to walk again. Because the parent staff had not let me walk for all of the time that we were in the shops, I was very excited about being on the ground again, and I ran away across the car park. Daddy shouted at me to come back, but I was too excited to obey him ... plus, I was kind of hoping that one of the parent staff would chase me, because this is always fun.

After a moment, daddy did chase me, but he was very cross about it and he gave me a big telling-off while he strapped me into my car seat. He told me that it is naughty to run away, and that cars might run me over, and that it is not funny. While he was talking, I did my hilarious thing where I repeat some of the words that he is saying, in a very serious voice: "Naughty ... cars ... over ... funny."

The thing is, while daddy was telling me off in his most angry and strict voice, mummy was sitting in the front of the car, and I could tell that she was laughing. She was doing it very quietly because she did not want me to know that she was laughing, but her shoulders were shaking and she was laughing so much that tears were running down her cheeks.

When daddy got back in the car, he looked at mummy and he shook his head and said, "You are no help at all!"

I thought it was funny that I had got mummy into trouble.

When we got back home, Harvey was waiting for us, and he was very pleased to see me especially. Mummy let me give Harvey his dinner before I had my own dinner, and he also came to listen to my story in the nursery at bedtime. It was very good to see him again.

Going away on adventures is fun, but coming back home to Harvey is always nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment