Monday 24 September 2012

Daddy was my staff today, because he did not have to go to work. He was very excited about this, and he had made big plans for us to go out on his bike ... but when we got up in the morning it was raining and raining and raining, so he decided that we should do inside things instead. Grown-ups are very feeble about rain.

In the morning we played and read books and ate things, and then we got in the car and daddy took us to a special place that is a big playground for little people like me, where everything is squishy and it doesn't hurt if you fall over.

The special playground was quite busy, and there were lots of children who were bigger than me there. Daddy didn't want me to get squashed by a bigger child, so he came with me into the playground and showed me how to climb over things, and how to build towers out of big squishy blocks.

While we were building towers, some of the other children came over to us and started to join in, because they thought it was fun. I was a bit surprised by this: all these children wanted to be my friend because daddy was doing something cool.

Before this, I had not thought that daddy was cool at all.

When we got home from the special playground, the grandparent staff came round to play too, and this was good.

Then mummy came home and I was very happy to see her, and I gave her lots of kisses and hugs, and made her carry me around in her arms. Then daddy tried to give me a kiss too and I bashed his face with my hand, because this is a funny thing to do. Mummy gave me a telling-off about this, and it was very long and boring.

Now that I can say lots of staff words, I use them when grown-ups tell me off, to show them that I am not really listening to what they are saying. Tonight while mummy was telling me off for daddy-face-bashing, she said, "No Georgia, that's naughty. We don't smack faces. Don't do that any more."

I looked at her very seriously while she was talking to me, and said some of the words back to her. What I said was: "Georgia ... naughty ... smack ... more."

Then I ran off to play.

The grandparent staff will be looking after me tomorrow and the day after. I am looking forward to this. Tonight my dreams will be about the special playground from today, and all of the adventures that I am going to have tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment