Thursday 9 August 2012


In the last couple of days I have discovered a new thing that hasn’t been around much before now. It is called “the sun”. Mummy told me today that it was here once before, last year when I was very small. Even smaller than I am now.

The sun makes me warm, and now it is here it means that when I go out to the park, I don’t have to wear my pink wetsuit and my wellies like I usually do. But it also means that there aren’t any puddles around, and this is sad because I like puddles.

Today I have had mummy all to myself, which has been okay. We went to the park in the morning and fed the ducks. My bread throwing is getting better. Today when I stood on the side of the pond and threw bread for the ducks, it actually went into the water. Yey.

At lunchtime me and mummy had a bit of a brawl. It started because mummy wanted me to eat my cheese on toast, and I thought it would be more fun to drop it on the floor. Mummy was being very stubborn about this. She put her stern voice on and she showed me my yogurt, and then she pointed at my cheese on toast and said “eat”. And then she went and put my yogurt back in the fridge and said “eat this, or no yogurt”.

I really like yogurt so I ate some more cheese on toast. I didn’t eat all of it but I ate enough to make mummy stop being stubborn and let me have my yogurt back. Mummy can be very annoying sometimes.

After lunch we went for a walk to the post box at the end of the road, to post a letter for daddy. On the way there me and mummy had another brawl, because I wanted her to carry me and she thought that I should walk. I didn’t want to walk because the pavement is boring, and there is nothing fun to pick up off the floor. Mummy tried to make me walk by myself, by walking on ahead of me and then stopping and looking back. This didn’t work though because I just sat down on the ground and smiled at her. Then mummy got that look that she gets when she’s trying to be cross but really she is laughing.

In the end mummy carried me for some of the way, and then I walked for a bit, and then she carried me again. Mummy let me put the letter into the post box when we got to the end of the road. That was fun.

Afterwards we went to a different park and picked flowers and read some of my new books that daddy bought me. Lots of my books are about bears at the moment. I can say “bear” now properly in the staff language, and I point bears out in my books when people are reading to me.

I didn’t have a nap all day today so I am pretty tired now. Looking after mummy all day long is tiring work. It has been a fun day though, when mummy has been behaving herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment